Last ned engelsk lydbøker gratisThe 1926 Miners' Lockout: Meanings of Community in the Durham Coalfield (Oxford Historical Monographs) by Hester Barron (Norwegian Edition) PDF ePub iBook
Melding! Koblingene nedenfor virker kanskje ikke på grunn av AdBlock.
|Søkeordsamsvar:||Europe England Great britain Social sciences Politics social sciences Sociology Linguistics Urban|
|Last ned formater:||mobi, azw, epub, fb2, ibooks, odf, pdf, lit, cbz, chm, lrx|
|Opprinnelig Format:||Hardcover 320 sider.|
|Publikasjon By/Land:||Oxford University Press (February 8, 2010)|
4.6/5 (Stemmer: 1514)
16 OCT 19
Hester Barron explores the way that the lockout was experienced by Durham's miners and their families. She investigates collective values and behavior, focusing particularly on the tensions between identities based around class and occupation, and the rival identities that could cut across the creation of a cohesive community. Highlighting the continuing importance of differences due to gender, age, religion, poverty, and individual hopes and aspirations, she nevertheless finds that in 1926, despite such differences, the Durham coalfield continued to display the solidarity for which miners were famed.
In response, Barron argues that the very concept of the "mining community" needs to be reassessed. Rather than consisting of an homogeneous occupational identity, she suggests that the essence of community lay in its ability to subsume and integrate other categories of identity. A collective consciousness was further grounded in a shared historical narrative that had to be continually reinforced.
It was the strength of such local solidarities that enabled both an exemplary regional response to the strike, and the ability to conceptualize such action within the wider framework of the national union. The 1926 Miners' Lockout provides crucial insights into issues of collective identity and collective action, illuminating wider debates about solidarity and fragmentation within working-class communities and cultures.
- Gratis lydbøker å laste ned på datamaskinenMagia negra, magia blanca (Spanish Edition) PDB
- Last ned engelsk bøker gratisThe Pilgrim's Progress from This World to That Which is to Come PDF B00GON5OR6
- Beste kilden til å laste ned lydbøkerMyHealthProfessionsLabTM with Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Tappan's Handbook of Massage Therapy (Norsk litteratur) PDF FB2 iBook by Patricia Benjamin
- EBooks epub gratis nedlastingWar of the Twins (DragonLance Legends, Vol 2) 088038266X ePub by Margaret Weis
- Gratis lærebøker pdf nedlastingThe Dictionary of Family Psychology and Family Therapy (Norsk litteratur) PDF ePub iBook 0803953321 by Gerald R. Weeks
- Nye ebøker nedlastingThe Morville Hours: The Story of a Garden by Katherine Swift ePub
- Gratis ebook nedlasting lærebøkerMysteries and Secrets of the Templars: The Story Behind the Da Vinci Code på norsk PDF ePub MOBI B008SM0Y8A